I won't be seeing Interstellar. I have my reasons. Although, physicist, Kip Thorne, was consulted regarding the science presented in this movie, Hollywood still managed to fudge the science. Fiction involves suspension of disbelief and Hollywood suspends disbelief all too well. Much current science fiction, both written and staged, sadly lacks substantially accurate science.

Using a black hole as a short cut through space is not a new idea, but that doesn’t make it any less unlikely. Should you enter a black hole feet first, you’d find that the mass within is so great that your feet would begin to stretch. By the time your head entered as well, you’d be stretched like a strand of spaghetti. Not to mention, crushed.

But Interstellar’s black hole is no ordinary one; it’s a gateway into a wormhole. Although no one has found evidence of wormholes, they are thought to be quite narrow—too narrow for spaceships, or even feet, to pass through. Even if you found one large enough to allow your passage, they are also thought to be unstable. The wormhole might disappear long before your ship arrives at its door.

Another physicist, Michio Kaku, has classified possible alien societies by their degree of technical savvy. Our society falls well short of having sufficient technical ability to control wormholes. More conventional space travel falls closer to our current abilities. But, Interstellar requires a wormhole in order to reach another galaxy. The only problem there is that wormholes don’t necessarily lead to other galaxies. Instead, they could lead elsewhere, perhaps to other universes.

More: http://truthtalltales.blogspot.com/2014/11/galaxy-jest.html#links